What is the Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium funding is additional funding allocated to all schools to support disadvantaged pupils. Haven High Academy receives pupil premium for: children that are cared for or adopted from care; children whose parents are in the armed forces; and for every pupil who has received free school meals over the past 6 years.
How can I find out if my child is entitled to the Pupil Premium funding?
Please look at the information on the Local Authority website for guidance and help.
How is the funding used?
Haven High Academy seeks to ensure the effectiveness of its use of the Pupil Premium. We recognise that barriers to achievement take a variety of forms and look for individual ways to support each child to achieve their very best. We do this by offering our children a wide range of opportunities and ensuring that these are accessible for everyone. We work with our families and colleagues to make sure everyone has high aspirations for all pupils. We ensure pupil premium children are well represented and have a voice on our school council. In addition, we make use of educational research such as The Sutton Trust-EEF Teaching and Learning Toolkit, in addition to a recent NLE external review to guide us on how best to use the school’s resources to improve the attainment of disadvantaged pupils.
What support do we offer?
Enriching the Curriculum
- Subsidised class trips
- Workshop and Theatre performances
- Free instrumental tuition
- Free places given to after school enrichment clubs
- Financial support for external clubs
- Financial support offered for overnight school trips
- Tailoring each intervention to suit each child
- Specialist Reading Support TA (reading recovery style)
- Specialist Phonics TA
- Small group literacy support
- Small group maths support
- 1:1 tuition for able and underperforming pupils
- Speech and Language support
- English as an additional language support
- Use of high quality IT hardware and software
- Student and Family Support Worker
- Learning Mentors in KS4
- Non-teaching Pastoral team