About the Trust
The Boston Witham Academies Federation is committed to working in partnership to raise achievement for all. Every academy within the Trust places great emphasis on providing a caring environment where each young person is supported in their personal development, meeting all their needs, as well as ensuring that each child and young person reaches and often exceeds their academic potential.
We are a well established multi academy trust with a supportive leadership and central team. As all our academies are based around Boston and Spalding the chance of sharing best practice and collaborative working is second to none.
- We offer extensive development opportunities including our exciting aspiring leaders programme. We are keen to promote from within, so if you are looking for a career with real potential for progression, then BWAF is the place for you.
- We ensure our staff wellbeing. All staff have access to a 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme to help employees manage stress, access specialist counselling and information and feel supported.
- We support working parents. Every employee is eligible for childcare vouchers for registered childcare providers, to offset some of the costs of being a working parent. The cost of the vouchers is taken out of your wages before tax and national insurance, meaning that you make a saving on the costs of your childcare every month.
- Helping you plan for the future. Teachers joining the Trust will become a member of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. For support staff we adopt the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most competitive in the country.
- Candidates moving within the county without a break in service can be reassured that continuous service will be honoured.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation
We would encourage applicants to visit the academy to the discuss the role and meet our passionate, welcoming team.
Applications can be found on our website, alternatively you can call our recruitment team on 01205 319507 to request a form.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the below address:
HR Recruitment, Haven High Academy, Marian Road, Boston, PE21 9HB.
Shortlisting will take place as soon as possible after the closing date and candidates who meet the right criteria will be taken forward. We aim to contact all successful candidates within two weeks of the closing date. Unfortunately, due to the high number applicants for some positions we are unable to contact all unsuccessful candidates.
Unless requested otherwise all references will be obtained before interview for shortlisted candidates and employers may be contacted for further information. Should you not wish for your references to be called before interview please make the recruitment team aware.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted before interview with a schedule for the day. Candidates should be aware that as part of the interview process any gaps and discrepancies on their application will be explored further.
Any offers of employment will be made as soon as possible after the interview and will be subject to satisfactory background checks.
We are always happy to provide feedback for unsuccessful candidates and would encourage all candidates to provide feedback on the process be this positive or negative.
Lincolnshire is shaped by a rich tapestry of fascinating heritage, passionate people and interesting traditions. Each year thousands of people to choose to live in Lincolnshire for the quality of life it has to offer, with a real mix of city living and idyllic villages.
Boston is an historic market town in a rural location with a population of approximately 60,000 people. Situated in the East of the beautiful county of Lincolnshire it has easy access to sandy beaches, the Lincolnshire Wolds – a designated area of outstanding natural beauty and the City of Lincoln. Boston boasts very competitive house prices, whilst being subject to further housing developments to cater for its popularity. Boston is easily accessible by rail or road, with London only two hours away by train.
Our employees live in variety of areas with some living in Boston/Spalding while others commute from places such as Lincoln, Newark, Horncastle, Gainsborough and Peterborough.
Haven High Academy Science Teacher Key Stages 3 and 4
Permanent Position – start date to be negotiated
MPS/UPS – NQTs welcome to apply
Haven High Academy is situated in the town of Boston in rural Lincolnshire. The Academy is part of the Boston Witham Academies Federation which includes Carlton Road, Staniland, Park, Fishtoft, Gosberton, Pioneers and Wygate Park Academies
Due to relocation we are seeking to appoint a Science Teacher, preferably with experience in teaching the subject, start date to be negotiated. Teachers of a second subject are encouraged to apply.
Do you have the enthusiasm for teaching and learning that motivates students?
If so, we are looking to appoint a colleague who is:-
· A talented and dynamic teacher to inspire our students from KS3 and KS4
· Highly motivated, innovative and committed to achieving outstanding results
· A qualified teacher and a good/outstanding practitioner
· Keen to join a highly collaborative faculty with excellent resources
NQTs welcome to apply.
Visits to the Academy are welcomed and encouraged.
Please e-mail your completed application form before the closing date of 12 noon on Monday 15th October 2018 to Ayesha.email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We operate DBS safeguarding procedures.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement.